26th Annual Hoops Mania Tournament Rules
National Federation High School Rules will apply with a few exceptions:
- Teams and fans should be at the gym and ready to play 20 minutes before their game time.
- Game time is forfeit time.
- Games will consist of four-8 minute quarters. Clock stops only during a free throw situation or when a time out is reported by a referee, except during the last minute of each quarter when regular high school rules will apply. Women’s size ball is used for all divisions except the 9th grade boys.
- You must provide your own warm-up balls.
- Overtime will last 2 minutes in which regular high school rules will apply. Sudden death will occur after the first overtime, starting with a jump ball.
- A team cannot full court press once they have a lead of 10 points or more.
- No full court pressing is allowed in the 3rd or 4th grade divisions (boys and girls) or the 5th grade girls division. Clock will not start when the ball is in the backcourt during the last 30 seconds of these games if the score is within 5 points or less.
- 3rd Grade teams will shoot from a 12’ free throw line.
- Tournament site directors will settle all disputes. If a player or coach is ejected from a game, they must have permission from the tournament directors to participate in any future games.
- Timeouts will be one minute, two per half, one per overtime, no carry over.
- Bonus foul shots will begin on the 7th team foul per half. (2 shots on the 10th).
- The team designated as HOME on the official score sheet must provide a scorekeeper for each game. A clock operator will be provided for all games.
- It is a three game guarantee format, but we do not have control over the actions of other teams. In the unlikely event a team doesn’t show up to play one of their scheduled games, the opposing team is granted a forfeit win, which counts as one of the three games guaranteed.
- Coach’s wrist bands must be picked up at the site of their first scheduled game. Only two coach passes per team are allowed. Please keep these on for both days. We no longer require player passes.